Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
Darla asked Juanita to join a group for women who wanted to be witnesses to loved ones who are not Christians. Following are the guidelines for the group.
1. We will focus on the good [Phil. 4:8].
2. We will resist the temptation to talk about our loved one in a derogatory way [Eph. 5:33].
3. We will focus on what we can do rather than what our loved one is doing or not doing [Romans 14:12].
4. Each day we will do something loving for our loved one. Then we will report back to the group [James 1:22].
5. We will keep as our guide I Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love suffers long and is kind…love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek it’s own, is not provoked…”
6. We will accept that no human will ever be able to meet the deep longing of our heart. Only God can do that [Psalms 2:5-6].
Prayer: Thank you, Lord, that change doesn’t happen in a vacuum.